- Sales of LISA TRACKER® kits show strong growth, up by a factor of 2.4
- Total 2015 revenues up by 6%
- Revenue growth of 11% in 2nd half of 2015
- Signature of 4 major partnerships: Miraca Life Sciences, HOB® Biotech, Hospira and UCB
Croissy-Beaubourg and Montpellier, February 8, 2016 – THERADIAG (ISIN: FR0004197747, Ticker: ALTER, PEA-PME eligible), a company specializing in theranostics and in vitro diagnostics, announced today its consolidated full-year revenues for 2015.
|including in-house revenues|
Theradiag generated consolidated revenues of €7.6 million in 2015, an increase of 6%, with an increase of 11% in the second half.
Full-year revenues from the theranostics business unit were €2.3 million, with sales of kits increasing by a factor of 2.4, from €1.4 million in the previous year. This included revenues from the various partnerships signed during the year with Miraca Life Sciences (initial license payments), UCB (kit purchases) and Hospira (initial sales in the 4th quarter of 2015). The full year effect of sales to Miraca Life Sciences and Hospira will be an important growth factor in 2016.
Sales of in-house products continued to grow and represented 65% of total sales in 2015, compared to 61% in 2014. In addition, the distribution of innovative molecular biology products rose by 20%.
Michel Finance, Chief Executive Officer of Theradiag, commented: “Revenue increase for the second consecutive year has confirmed our return to growth. Our strategy, which is based on the sale of high added value products and theranostics, boosted the share of in-house products to 65% of total sales. In 2015 we concentrated on the signature of various partnerships with strategically important international companies, which will help drive a significant increase in the use of biotherapy monitoring, the core of our business.”
Deployment of theranostics:
- France: the opening of 13 new centers, coupled with sales relating to the partnerships with UCB, Hospira and ABIRISK, enabled us to increase sales of LISA TRACKER® kits by a factor of 2.7;
- Export: the LISA TRACKER® range is now sold in 15 countries and sales of LISA TRACKER® kits doubled;
- Signature of a license agreement with Miraca Life Sciences in order to market Theradiag’s main biotherapy monitoring tests in the USA. Marketing will begin in the first part of 2016;
- Signature of a partnership agreement with HOB® Biotech, Chinese leader in in vitro diagnostics. This cross-partnership will, on the one hand, allow Theradiag to market its LISA TRACKER® range in China and elsewhere in Asia, and on the other hand give access to the highly innovative in vitro diagnostic tests for allergies and auto-immunity developed by HOB, as well as jointly developed products to be distributed in Europe;
- Signature of a partnership agreement with Hospira for the use of LISA TRACKER® kits for monitoring of the Inflectra® biosimilar in Europe, Canada and Australia.
- Signature of an agreement with UCB at the beginning of 2015 and continued cooperation in 2016 on the monitoring test for Certolizumab (Cimzia®);
- Expansion of the LISA TRACKER® range, with CE marking of 3 new tests: Trastuzumab (monitoring test for Herceptin® in the treatment of metastatic breast cancer and metastatic gastric cancer), Ustekinumab (monitoring test for Stelara® indicated in the treatment of moderate to severe chronic psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis), and Vedolizumab (monitoring test for Entyvio® for chronic inflammatory bowel disease, or IBD).
Capitalizing on its expertise in the distribution, development and manufacturing of in vitro diagnostic tests, Theradiag innovates and develops theranostics tests (combining treatment and diagnosis) that measure the efficiency of biotherapies in the treatment of autoimmune diseases, cancer and AIDS. Theradiag notably markets the Lisa Tracker® range (CE marked), which is a comprehensive multiparameter theranostic solution for patients with autoimmune diseases treated with biotherapies. With its subsidiary Prestizia, Theradiag is developing new biomarkers based on microRNAs for the diagnosis and monitoring of rectal cancer, auto-immune and inflammatory diseases and HIV/AIDS. Theradiag is thus participating in the development of customized treatment, which favors the individualization of treatments, the evaluation of their efficacy and the prevention of drug resistance. The Company is based in Marne-la-Vallée, near Paris, and in Montpellier, and has over 75 employees.
For more information about Theradiag, please visit our website: www.theradiag.com
+33 1 64 62 10 12
Financial communications/ investor relations
Valentine Brouchot/Pierre Laurent
+33 1 44 71 94 94
+33 1 44 54 36 64